Hanna DiST 1 TDS Tester
The waterproof DiST 1 features a large multi-level LCD which displays both TDS and temperature readings simultaneously. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated TDS/PPM measurements. Temperature can be set to display in ℃ or ℉. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available. TDS readings are performed by an amperometric graphite electrode that resists oxidation, providing better repeatability in measurements. The use of graphite also reduces the polarization effect common with amperometric testers that use two stainless steel pins. Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode submerge the probe in 1382 ppm calibration standard. When the standard value is recognized and stability reached, the meter will automatically accept and store the calibration value.
- Slim, Ergonomic Design– With rounded edges and a case that is only 17 mm (0.7”) thick, the HI98301 is thin and fits comfortably in the hand or pocket
- Large Multi-level LCD– The LCD is 29 mm (1.125”) x 20 mm (0.81”) allowing the user to easily read both the TDS and temperature simultaneously
- Two-button Operation– One for ON/OFF, the other for calibration
- Exposed Temperature Sensor– Exposed temperature sensor allows for quick automatic temperature Compensated measurements. Temperature can be displayed in either C or F
- Graphite Sensor– Reduces polarization effects and does not oxidize resulting in a reliable and accurate reading
- Automatic Calibration– Automatic calibration at 1382 ppm (mg/L) with a single push of a button
- Stability Indicator– A clock tag stability indicator will disappear to alert the user when the reading is stable
- Automatic Shut-off– User-selectable time until meter shuts off to conserve battery life. Options are 8 min, 60 min or disabled
- Low Battery Indicator– Low battery indicator that is displayed when less than 10% battery life is remaining
- Battery % Level at Startup– At start-up, all the LCD segments are displayed for 1 second, then the percent indication of the remaining battery life is displayed
HI98301 is supplied with protective cap, 1382 ppm calibration solution sachet (4), CR2032 battery, instrument quality certificate and instructional manual.
SpecificationsTDS Range 0 to 2000 ppm (mg/L) TDS Resolution 1 ppm (mg/L) TDS Accuracy ±2% F.S. Temperature Range 0.0 to 50.0°C / 32.0 to 122.0°F Temperature Resolution 0.1°C / 0.1°F Temperature Accuracy ±0.5°C /±1°F Calibration automatic, one-point Temperature Compensation automatic from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F) TDS Conversion Factor 0.5 Battery Type/Life CR2032 3V Li-Ion (1 pc.) / approximately 250 hours Auto-off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, disabled Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 100% Dimensions 160 x 40 x 17 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 0.7“) Weight 68 g (2.4 oz.) without battery